Overview of Amazon’s A+ Content and Enhanced Brand Content (EBC)
A+ pages and Enhanced Brand Content feature additional photos and text on an Amazon listing that gives customers more information about a product. The fundamental difference between A+ pages and Enhance Brand Content is that A+ pages are accessible as a Vendor Central merchant, whereas EBC is available as a Seller Central third party seller/ merchant.
Before discussing the differences between the different platforms and what they offer, I want to establish their value.
Supplemental content can:
- Give the customer additional information on your product (ex: explaining the significance of materials and composition)
- Answer common customers questions
- Help build brand awareness
- Demonstrate the uses of your products (traditional and untraditional)
- Ultimately, the supplemental content encourages a full and accessible understanding of your product that means customers choose to buy your product more often. There is no doubt that EBC and A+ pages increase sales conversions.
EBC and A+ are available to different specialized parties:
- EBC content can, for the most part, only be added to parent products of brand where the seller has been verified as an authorized seller. In other words, if you have Brand Registry you are qualified. At the moment, publishing EBC content is free while Amazon introduces the service.
- A+ content can be added to any product in Vendor Central. The platform for making A+ pages allows you to easily divide parent products by ‘color’ and ‘size’ so you may customize the content that appears on child variations. Different product categories will charge different prices for publishing A+ content. At the moment some areas that Amazon is trying to build up, like Home & Bedding, allows you to publish A+ pages free of charge.
EBC and A+ ‘live’ in different sections of the Amazon product page:
- EBC is in the Product Description section.
- The A+ pages appear below Product Description in From The Manufacturer.
EBC for Printed Hawaiian Shirts by Campia
A+ Page for Truly Soft Burgundy Red Sheet Set
EBC and A+ are created differently:
- EBC has 5 templates to choose from. Each template has a specified size images and text boxes
- A+ pages can mix and match up to 12 different modules.
- Advanced modules have some animated function like scroll over changeable images and text.
- Standard Modules have static images and text
- 7 Header type modules that have room for larger banner photos etc.
- 3 Feature type modules that leave more text room for explaining smaller feature images.
A+ Page Creator
EBC and A+ have different content capabilities. Read more about leveraging EBC and A+ content with these best practices and spec requirements.
Click for Tech & Bowery Case Studies of EBC and A+ pages.